Tuesday 28 June 2011

"I was wrong, you were right"

Thought I'd change the design for summer :) Hope you like it :)

I am a very competitive person. I hate admitting that I'm wrong and I always end up in discussions. And I think all humans have a competitive and stubborn side, some more than others though. We just want to always be right because we think that is what people admire us for. But that is wrong! Humility and the ability to admit our wrongs is just so important and much more admirable. People admire people that stand their ground, and it is important to stand your ground, but when people know they are wrong and still don't back down that actually isn't admirable at all. I really have to practice saying: "You were right, I was wrong". 

I used to think that if I admitted I was wrong or didn't win every discussion it was a weakness. But sometimes being strong is not always winning, but accepting that we loose sometimes. 

Sometimes I end up in situations where I even feel like I'm right, but then it is still important to respect other people's opinions and just drop it. Don't nag on. 

I have met people and even been in churches with the "I-am-NEVER-wrong-attitude". And it is not a church that is nice to go to, or not people it is fun to hang out with. That's how I realized I do the same thing, and I want to work with being a bit more humble.

When we are christian it is important that we remember that the way we behave is sooo important. We should shine God's love through us. Even though nobody's perfect and we all make mistakes, but we at least should try. Because to unchristian people our actions represent our religion. We don't want christians to be known as arrogant people that never back down on things.



So be humble as best as you can! Let's all make an effort to be extra nice. It is a strength, not a weakness. Ask god for help and we can all help change some people's negative view on christians.

Proverbs 11:2

The Message


  The stuck-up fall flat on their faces,
   but down-to-earth people stand firm.

YOU ARE PRECIOUS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment