Thursday 30 December 2010

The Biggest Present in the world!part 2

Yay! God has given us a HUGE gift. But what good is a gift if we don't open it? This year my big sister gave me a beautiful dress for christmas. Now imagine if i tok a look at the wrapped up present and then just lay it aside. I would not get a chance to use the beautiful dress inside. And you may think; wow thats crazy, who doesn't open their pressies? But sadly this happens everyday. Lots of people hear about Jesus and then they just put him aside. They don't want to open the present because they are scared of what's inside. God can shower you with presents, but you can't use them unless you open them up. And then imagine if I did open the present and said Wow! What a gorgeous dress! Thank you so much. But instead of wearing it, I just put it aside in my closet. I never wore it. What good is a pressie if you don't use it? Many people do that too. They receive Jesus and say: HALLELUJAH! Amen! I'm saved. But they just look at him, they don't use him. They don't know him. And he is just longing to have a relationship with them, longing to help them when they are in trouble, longing to comfort them and longing for them to discover the wisdom in the bible. But he can't because they still just let him hang in the closet. What good is clothing you don't wear, just look at? Faith is not like a pretty dress, because you can't wear dresses everyday. Christianity is not like your sunday outfit that you only wear to church, it is something you can put on everyday. “Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship”. God gave us Jesus not just to look at and say hallelujah, he gave us Jesus as our friend and saviour. My wish for 2011 is not for God to be part of my life, it's for God to be my life.

Hugs and pressies xxxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment