Friday 31 December 2010

Happy New Year!

New Years Eve is a special day, a new year with new opportunities! Some of us can look back at 2010 and say it was a great year, others look back and think about pain, frustrations and bruises. However your life is or has been this year you can still have a positive attitude towards 2011. Don't let things in your past haunt your future. Think positive, no matter the situation. Sometimes we are put in to situations that we can't change. For example your parents are getting a divorce, you are struggling at school, you suffered a bad break up, you're lonely or many other tough things. You can't change those things, but you can change your attitude towards them. Also God is always ready to help you out, so just keep on praying. Focus on what's good rather than what's bad.

This fall I was so depressed, I had anxiety, I felt like I had no friends I could trust, I was rejected by someone I really liked and everything seemed dark and hopeless. Everyday I would wish I didn't exist, I wished I was never born. But my father in heaven saw my pain, because he sees all our thoughts, views and hurts. And he is a loving father that cares for his children.

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; 
do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

I was prayed for and in three weeks my life radically changed. I was healed from my depression! My outlook on life became positive and I just didn't understand why I was so depressed. I started to find things to rejoice over in my everyday life. On christmas eve I went to church, and as I was sitting there I remember thinking: “2011 is going to be a fantastic year! I've been set free!” I was so filled with joy and got tears of happiness in my eyes. Every New Years Eve the last four years I have been dreading whats to come. Today I say this new year is going to be awesome. And I hope you will say it with me!

If your feeling sad or scared just know that God sees that pain and wants to set you free. He wants you to have an amazing year. And tell yourself “this can be the year when things change for the better”

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

So have an awesome new year! Lots of love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment