Monday 28 February 2011

When I was tying my shoelaces...

... after my tennis practice I started thinking about why I'd lost. You see I am such a competitive person and on court I always stress with trying to win. I want to hit a winner every shot and I over analyze and beat myself up when I miss. This is not a good way to play. When I stress and try to hard I usually always play badly. But when I relax and just have fun I play much better. I'm not saying that it's bad to be dedicated and work hard, because if you don't care or chase any balls you probably wouldn't play good either.


THAT'S ME! hahaha just kidding!

 But anyway back to the story. So as I was sitting in the locker room thinking about all this I felt God reminded me about something. Suddenly I thought that actually I live as a christian the same way I play tennis. I'm always scared I'm doing something wrong, I always think too much, I over analyze, I always try to do everything perfect and I beat myself up for being a "bad christian" (there is no such thing as a bad christian but I didn't find a better word.) And I really felt like God put on my heart to relax more and just enjoy spending time with him. I don't need to be in a hurry, because growing takes time. And again I'm not suggesting to just stop caring and expect God to do all the work. But you don't have to hit a winner every shot either :D


YOU ARE PRECIOUS!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment