Monday 16 May 2011

Friendship!

Of course Jesus is our very best friend and nobody can replace him. I also think it's really important to have good christian friends. It's hard to be the only christian around with nobody that shares your beliefs. It's good to have someone you can talk to about christian topics and that doesn't pressure you to do stuff that you know is wrong.

And don't be sad if you don't have a friend like that, just pray! Prayer always helps! Start going to a youth group in your church if you don't already go to one. But even in church it can be hard. But just hang in there, God relly loves you and wants you to have amazig friends that support you. 



So I want to tell some of my own story. About 5 years ago I started praying for good friends. I was having a really tough time at school. I felt really rejected and tried all sorts of things to fit in, because I wasn't being myself I continued to have tough time. (I talk more about being yourself in my Dare to be different post)

 I kept on praying for years and when I was 13 years old I started going to youth meetings and got some new friends. But I sort of fell between two clicks, and I remember a specific incident where my friends planed to set me up and ditch me in a park while they ran of to a friend's house. This episode is of course forgiven and we joke about it now :). But this incident and many other things really broke down my already low confidence. I thought I was a really weird and that nobody really wanted my friend. I thought people just was my friend because they felt they had to or out of sympathy. I was a hurt person and I felt so rejected. I felt like a freak! I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. It has taken years to build up confidence in my personality again.

And if you have any of those thoughts; that you are a freak, and that nobody wants to be your friend, or that something is wrong with you, I just want to say IT IS NOT TRUE. Do not let the negative seeds that other people and The Enemy plant into your heart grow! Ask God to uproot those weeds and sow positive flowers instead. YOU ARE WANTED AND NOT A FREAK. Don't question who you are! It is important to forgive the people that hurt you (you can read my how to deal with mean people post, haha lots of linking in this post but I didn't want to make it a billion words long :) ),  but don't believe the words they say. Sometime they don't even need to say bad words, just body language or whispers or the way they look at you can make you feel stupid. Have you ever experienced that?

Anyway back to the story, things got better between me and the girls in my class/church, but I never felt I was a part of their group. I continued praying for years, but started to get frustrated nothing happened. But this school year things seemed to get better and for 6 months thing were fine, but suddenly we had almost like a conflict in my church youth group. Out of respect to them I will not post any details, I know also I made mistakes. I think we have sorted things out and I have forgiven them and hope they have forgiven me to. Anyways, so I ended up changing churches and suddenly I realized that after only weeks I had gotten some great friends! Friends I really can trust! :D GOD ANSWERED MY PRAYERS!

And he will defiantly answer yours too! So keep praying for new friends, and don't doubt yourself! YOU ARE AN AWSOME PERSON!

"be with people that celebrate you" - Darlene Cunningham

YOU ARE PRECIOUS

No comments:

Post a Comment