Saturday 14 May 2011

When the heart understands...

I want to kind of continue the last post's topic a bit. I mentioned yesterday that we need to trust God with our hearts as well as our heads. I think it's like that with many things. For example how great God is, that he loves us, that he is in control, that he is faithful and so on. In every church service, at every youth meeting, in every christinan book it always says God loves us. Our heads knows he loves us, but we need to realize it with our heart. I know I already have posted this quote on this blog (in this post), but I feel like it is more relevant here. So this is a quote by worship artist Kim Walker, towards the end of her live version of the song "How he loves", she says:


 "There are some of you here that have not encountered the love of God, and tonight God wants to encounter you and wants you to feel his love, his amazing love... The love of God changes us and we're never the same, we're never the same after we encounter the love of God. We're never the same after we encounter the love of God."

 I think that there are some truths that need to sink into our heart. I can tell you a million times that God loves you, that you are beautiful, that you are wanted, that you are special, that God has control, that you are talented, that God is faithful and that he never fails. But it won't help, if you don't believe it with your heart. I can tell those things to myself a million times, and I know they are true, but sometimes I struggle trusting them. 

Jeremiah 31:3: "I have loved you with an everlasting love"

I think that it's not about what we hear, it's about who we hear them from. I think that God is the only one that can help you understand. It's is much more powerful when he says "I love you" than when I say "he loves you". Do you know what I'm saying. God has many ways to say "I love you", sometimes you feel the holy spirit, sometimes you just know in your heart he loves you, sometimes he speaks through others, sometimes he gives us experiences of his love and sometimes you hear it, dream it or see it. God speaks to us in many ways, just make sure you are listening in many ways :) And remember that the bible is The Word Of God. All the words in the bible is God talking to you.



 Sometimes it's a revelation sometimes it is a slow process. If you want these truths in your heart pray to God and ask him to show you his love or faithfulness or whatever you feel you haven't understood with your heart. Read in the bible, and remember that it is God's words. A very practical tip is keeping a diary where you write down all the times you experience God's presents, miracles, faithfulness, love and so on. 

YOU ARE PRECIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment