Sunday 30 January 2011

Why pray? part 1: Relationship

Hey guys, I haven't forgotten you! Final year of School is so hard. Both getting good grades and picking the right school for next year. AAAAaaah! I'm so confused! But anyways, today's topic is why pray. I'm gonna do this in three parts.


1. Relationship

2. Responsibility

3. Warfare (sounds dramatic but I'll explain later)



So the first reason to pray is relationship with God. For me relationship with God is very very very important. The gospel says we are reconciled with God and that we can have a relationship with him.  I have already posted a bit about why we should have a relationship with God (read it here), So I thought I would write more about how we can get to know God.

So lets pretend you meet this super awesome guy. And you're like wow, I need to get to know this guy! So what do you do?

1. You talk to him
2. You stalk him on facebook (Just admit it, I was not the only one that got a heart attack when the "Top Friends" trend started :P)

Just like you would talk to somebody in real life to get to know them better, you can pray to God and get to know him better. Praying does not have to be all formal, talk to him like you talk with your close friend. And the best part about this is that talking to God is that it's not awkward like talking to a boy. He already knows who you are. So you don't need to pretend around him, you can be completely yourself. Because he made you that way and he LOVES YOU that way. Just the way you are. So come to him just the way you are, thats's more than enough.

 And you don't need to worry about if he wants to get to know you or likes you (like with guys hahaha). Because you already know that God is just longing to have a relationship with you and already loves you so much! So just be honest and yourself when you pray, God sees everything anyway. And because he sees everything that goes on in your life and all your  thoughts, he understands you like no one else ever can! He truly understands you!

Now to the facebook thing I mentioned. Comparing facebook to the bible is impossible, and not what i'm doing! My point is that when we stalk people on facebook we try to find out more about them. We look through their profile again and again. Even when we know we have seen everything we do it again and find something new. Girls are serious facebook stalkers, but lets be bible stalkers! Lets stalk God in the bible, ha ha ha! I wan't to be desperate to find out stuff about God. I want to read things over and over and it's still interesting. Let's all stalk God and find out more about him!


So stay tuned for part 2 and 3. I won't post they all in a row, because that kinda boring, right?

So remember that YOU ARE PRECIOUS stalkers of God (and he loves when you stalk him)
Post me a comment with your favorite bible verse and what it means to you (you can be anonymous) :)
Lots of love <3

2 comments:

  1. “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declared the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future’” (Jeremiah 29:11).
    When things seem all messed up and I am sad, I remember God has a great plan for my life and I feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your comment, I really appreciate it :) I love that bible verse, it's so encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete